Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Giuseppe Zanotti - An Italian Master

I'd like to point out that virtually everything enjoyable and luxurious in our modern world was brought to us by the Italians.  Espresso, Maserati, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Loro Piana cashmere, Italian leather, amazing textiles, pasta, prosciutto, mozarella, pizza, gelato the list goes on and on - and my favorite shoe designer - Giuseppe Zanotti.  Video courtesy of Net-a-Porter.



The shoes of Giuseppe Zanotti are a mix of elegance, edge and art.  If I had to choose only one brand of shoe to wear for the rest of my life, it would be Giuseppe Zanotti.  Yes, everyone loves the red bottoms of Louboutins, and women swear by Manolo Blahnik, but my heart belongs to Zanotti.  The craftsmanship and design are gasp inducing.

My style mantra has always been quality not quantity, and this virtually applies to every category of goods that I purchase.  I would rather purchase one pair of shoes that I can wear and cherish for years than four pairs of a lesser quality that will wear out in one season.  Not to mention, lesser quality usually means knock offs, and I can't describe how much I despise knock offs - this is a whole other post on its own.  I always look for high quality leather and materials and a design that is either timeless and classic or very interesting.  Don't confuse "interesting" with tragically trendy.  Some of the lesser quality "designers", and I use the term loosely, will combine 85 fads in one shoe, and the results are well, tragic.

Thankfully, the holidays are perfect opportunities to score beautiful designs for less!  Giuseppe Zanotti now has many styles of the Fall/Winter 10-11 season on sale at 50% off!  We are barely into the winter season, so it is a perfect time to purchase these styles on sale and get an opportunity to wear them before we see the first blush of spring.

On Sale for $325
The perfect print and the most elegant heel.  Picture these with a full skirt and a chic cardigan set paired with an orangey, red lip. Or a sleek jean/blazer combo.


On Sale for $528
Perfect military inspired boot without being too literal.  Pair with a lace dress, a mini or a waxy coated jean and a textured coat or sweater.  I'm thinking all about contrasting textures with this shoe.   



On Sale for $465 
For some reason I think of winter white and chunky turquoise jewelry with this suede stunner.  It's so versatile, you can wear it with anything!



On sale for $598 - Have you seen Jane wear these on Sea of Shoes?  Perfection!  One of my all time fav blogs by the way.


















If you are in need of some resort wear, or live in a tropical locale, you can also pre-order designs from Spring/Summer 11 

Pre order for $695 - The description on the website is switched with the other shoe of this material, so you may want to call to order!

Pre order for $650

Stunners

No comments:

Post a Comment